So you’ve had your Detroit roofing replaced and want to know if there are other home improvement projects you can pursue. One of them might be a fancier and more spacious kitchen. After all, a remodeled kitchen makes it easier to move around and prepare meals for you and your family, not to mention adds value to your home. According to the “2015 Cost Vs. Value Report” by Remodeling Magazine, minor kitchen remodeling in the East North Central region can pay back up to 69.3% while major remodeling can pay back up to 61.2%.
To help you start on those design ideas, Tittle Brothers Construction presents these tips for creating a more functional kitchen:
- Place utensils and other items that you always use within reach. For an organized kitchen, you can have cabinets installed over stoves or countertops.
- If you want to install shelves in your kitchen, open shelving makes it easier to store plates and cups. You can also have glass cabinet doors so you don’t have to open the cabinet to see what’s inside.
- For side-by-side cabinets, be sure to have the doors open in the same direction. This way, they won’t hit each other when you open them simultaneously.
- Kitchen islands should allow light traffic around the kitchen.
- Countertops between the stove, refrigerator, and other appliances can be handy. It serves as a landing space in busy areas in your kitchen.
- Placing refrigerators in former doorways saves space.
- A large sink is handy so you can easily clean refrigerator shelves and oven racks.
- Colors can make a difference in your kitchen. Bright colors can make a small kitchen more spacious. Another color scheme is to paint ceilings in a slightly darker tone and use brightly colored lighting for accent.
At Tittle Brothers Construction, we don’t just repair roofs. We also handle kitchen design and installation. Our remodeling services include energy-saving appliances, storage ideas, enhanced lighting, and sinks and plumbing. We also install new cabinets and countertops. If you want to modify your kitchen space, we can do that for you too. Furthermore, we specialize in siding, masonry work, overhang construction, additions, and roofing in Detroit and nearby areas.
Pave the way to your dream kitchen and give us a call today at (877) 228-5658. We’ll be happy to give you a free in-home estimate.